Today solar power can offer many financial benefits as well as social by promoting a greener public image and reducing your carbon footprint. Not only will utility bills be lowered but your business will be able to more successfully sustain itself with its own power generated from the sun. Not only that, but consumers will see that your business is environmentally aware and forward thinking.
Important profitable reasons why your business should go solar:
- Solar adds more value to your property by reducing the cost of doing business
- Your business will not only have low-cost electricity, but also long term price stability
- Texas allows a corporation or other entity subject to the state franchise tax to deduct the cost of a solar energy device from the franchise tax.
- State property tax code allows an exemption of the amount of the appraised property value arising from the installation or construction of a solar device
- Under the federal Modified Accelerated Cost-Recovery System (MACRS), businesses may recover investments in certain property through depreciation deductions
- A federal tax credit of 30% of cost with no upper limit is currently available for both solar photovoltaic and solar water heating systems
- CPS Energy Solar Initiative Rebate Program offers tiered incentives from $1.30 to $2.50 per AC watt based on the calculated expected performance of the system
- To promote a greener public image, have a smaller carbon footprint and be a leading innovator in your industry
- As consumers become more aware of the environment they will support businesses who share their concern and lead by example